Grow acceptance in your classroom with fun activities, contests and kid-friendly materials found in our Junior Section.
School Staff & PTO
We see the most impact and change when everyone works together. This occurs every time a PTO organizes an event or the school staff comes together. Please work as a team to make this April a memorable celebration that grows acceptance!
- Read a fact about autism during the month of April every day over the loudspeaker in the morning
- Hang autism awareness posters in the halls and display autism awareness rack cards in the teachers room and library
- Plan awareness events that everyone can participate in like a dress down day or autism walk
Attention student councils and other clubs! Here are some ways you can support your fellow autism community.
- Read a book about autism to a younger class and pass out awareness ribbon coloring sheets
- Organize an autism awareness spirit week during April
- Monday • Wear blue day
- Tuesday • Wear an awareness message like “1 and 41 people in NJ have autism”
- Wednesday • Have a conversation about autism awareness
- Thursday • Wear the awareness ribbon
- Friday • Pajama day for awareness
- Plan and awareness bake sale that would occur during school sporting events. See the fundraising page for tips on how to plan a successful bake sale