CHOOSE KINDNESS and Raise Funds
Fundraising is a way to bring people together for an important cause, giving them the opportunity to make a donation that will directly impact New Jersey’s autism community.
Dress Down Days are Easy and Fun!
Did you know the Ambassador Program started as a Dress Down Day in 1998? Since then, dress down activities have been some of our most popular events held throughout April.
- Start promoting your Dress Down Day at least 1 week prior to event day.
- Download our Dress Down Day flyer and order participant stickers.
- If you are a school, get your whole district involved.
- Order a CHOOSE KINDNESS t-shirt
Bake sales and awareness-themed item sales are fantastic for all locations and age groups.
- Sell sweets and awareness-themed goodies at schools, workplaces, and even at local sporting events.
- Tell people through social media, email, or fliers about your bake sale or awareness-item sale in advance so they come prepared with money and ready to spend.
- Set the scene! Decorate your sales table with balloons, banners, and tablecloths. See our awareness tools for info on ordering table decorations!
- Hand out a small token of appreciation to everybody who purchases an item like an awareness temporary tattoo or sticker.
“It is important to let people know why you are passionate about the cause. Creating a Facebook page is key to promoting your event to a large group of people. Share your goals – the more you can share the better.”
There are many quick and easy ways to raise funds online.
Check out these suggestions!
Visit Facebook and follow the prompts to set up your fundraiser. Be sure to select “Autism New Jersey” as your beneficiary. It’s that easy! Or, add a “Donate Button” to any post by selecting “Support Nonprofit.”
What else is great about a Facebook fundraiser? All the fees are waived, so 100% of your donations go directly to Autism New Jersey.
Use Crowdrise to start a fundraising campaign for Autism New Jersey. Create your own fundraising page, share, raise funds, and make an impact.
Planning an event or party?
If you use Evite to send the invitations and collect RSVPs, you can customize your invitation with the additional option to raise money for Autism New Jersey.
Just click on “Find your Nonprofit” under the “Donations Options” to add a donation button to your invitation. No added fees for your guest to donate. Search for “Autism New Jersey.”
If you need assistance with any of the options, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to lend a hand to help you get set up!
Your contribution will help us to continue ensuring safe and fulfilling lives for individuals with autism, their families, and the professionals who support them.
- Fund publications that have assisted parents with understanding their child’s diagnosis.
- Promote the 800.4.AUTISM Helpline, a first line of support for parents and a starting point for navigating services in New Jersey, connecting them to life-changing resources.
- Provide educational opportunities to professionals who work with individuals with autism.
- Support our Public Policy efforts to advocate for laws and regulations that provide more meaningful outcomes.
- Strengthen our mission to help individuals with autism to achieve their fullest potential and experience a true sense of belonging.
To show appreciation for your KINDNESS, we will be sending you the following prizes:
To participate in our incentive program, donations must be revived by June 30, 2019. Please make checks payable to Autism New Jersey.
STAY CONNECTED TO OTHER AMBASSADORS
Share your awareness activities, be inspired, and follow the latest news and updates on our ambassador-exclusive social media feeds.
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR GENEROUS SUPPORT
Stay in the know!
Read our latest issues of our exclusive Ambassador Connection newsletter: